Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sharing their stories.

We are loving all the stories coming in from our Hot Mess Hottie's and their experience in the class and what it's done for them! 
As long as we keep getting them, we'll keep posting them!!!

From Emily Woolsey Livingston
So this morning I want to share about my (so far) journey with an amazing group called ‪#‎hotmesshotties‬, and honor Kalamity Dance (Tia) and all the ladies that inspire me daily. A year or so ago I heard Miss Tia speak at a Relief Society luncheon I attended. She was AMAZING. She had such a glow about her soul that impacted me that day in a HUGE way and I thought of it often! I held onto it, knowing someday I wanted to reach down and find what I felt from her, in myself too. (You're an angel, Tia!!) So fast forward.... I'd run into an old friend I know, Melanie Honsvick Johnson about 3 or so months ago. She had a glow about her too! She was different than the last time I'd seen her. Mel had a strength about her countenance that inspired me to ask "what the heck have you been up to, you look AMAZING!" The amazing I'm talking about goes way further than on the outside... her spirit was glowing! So she said she'd been doing this thing called HOT MESS FITNESS @ Kalamity at The Vault. I couldn't believe it! This was run by Tia, who had made this huge impression on me and inpsired me so many moons ago! That was it! I knew this was Heavenly Father reaching out, and prompting me to head this direction - and so I did! I started my hotmess journey just 3 weeks ago and what can I say to give justice to such an amazing journey, and the most inspiring, empowering group of women I have ever been around?? I guess I'll just start at the beginning and hopefully it can shed a little light on this life changing journey. So when I signed up, Miss Luci said to me.... "you're going to lose a lot of weight, mostly on the inside"..... The funny thing is.. I thought I understood those "words".. of course I thought I knew! But what I can say is it's turning out to be SO MUCH MORE!!! The first day - actually more like the first week I thought I was gonna die. I have never worked out so hard in my life, for a whole hour haha. I think I took about 30 naps that first week. I had to. But my body, mind and spirit have gotten stronger.

 I remember that first day following class (and following almost barfing 25 x's)... I bawled the whole way home. It was so emotion as I felt my spirit saying, thank you. Thank you for doing something hard and for surrounding yourself by people who inspire you! And inspire me these ladies do! First of all let me share ... the whole time we're working our hotmess bootay's off, Tia is yelling "I AM AMAZING! I AM STRONG! I AM WORTH IT! I'M A SEXY BEAST! I GOT THIS! I CAN DO HARD THINGS!" and we all yell it back! I noticed at first I would look at everyone else while I was yelling these affirmations. I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror. But slowly this is changing! I'm finding myself being willing to look in the mirror. When this started, I would glance at my reflection short and sweet, and then look around in awkardness hoping no one noticed (hey new thing to own being okay with me) Now it's slowly growing into something more. I am so grateful. Today was the first day I danced in between some of the sets we were doing. It was the first time (maybe in my life) I've danced and didn't care if anyone saw.. Now don't get me wrong, I didn't bust too many moves, but this is big for me. This is evidence of something changing inside of me. This is happening, so much because of the amazing women there in this experience with me. Every single day these ladies cheer each other on. High fives all around, good jobs.. all through class someone is yelling "you got this, come on keep going"... I cannot even begin to describe how grateful I am for every time someone comes over by me, and says "okay what's your number?", and we count together to the goal, when just moments before I didn't think I had anything left. Sometimes we circle around each other and the struggle becomes something much different. It becomes STRENGTH!!!!! Even as I write this, I'm sitting here crying again over HOTMESS HOTTIES because I feel like in this hotmess I am finding myself. I've been so lost for so long in self discrimination, body image issues, and just flat out laziness. These things OWNED ME! Now I am CRUSHING through these walls! On the other side is this other me, a girl who's been waiting to be embraced in self-love, to really know I am AMAZING!!! 

Thank you Tia and all you other Heaven sent angels for being a part of my journey! Thank you for who you all are! I love you and thank you for being such a light in my life! It's good to find out I'm worth it! That's all for today, and thanks for reading!

Another story from Marianne Naylor Holmes
Best decision I ever made! This class literally changed my life. I was stuck in such a mom funk of getting up every day and taking care of my kids, house, husband etc that I forgot about myself. I lost myself. This class is so much more than just getting in shape (which you will definitely do! This class is HARD) it reminded me who I am and what I'm worth. It gave me my confidence back! Thank you Hot Mess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment